Monday, January 11, 2010

Tapestries in the Natural World

Grapes and Elderberries at the Village Green Resort - Fall

I've always been fascinated with little "Tapestries" that are created in nature. I envision these wonderful little vignettes woven into a blanket that I can crawl under to hibernate. Here are a few tapestries that Mother Nature has woven.

Boston Ivy on Marble Wall - The Getty Garden - Winter


Rock Wall at Great Dixter - Summer


Ajuga and Bellis - The Village Green Resort - Spring


Gravestone at Stourhead - Summer


Violas and Sempervivums at The Village Green Resort - Spring

10 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful weavings of nature! Such intricate warps and wefts. Lovely post Cindee.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post, indeed! I love the natural tapestries far more than those created by human hands. Lovely and original photos, Cindee. Nicely done.

debsgarden said...

These are fantastic! i always enjoy tapestries in the garden,too. I love the way colors and textures interweave to create natural artwork, if we will stop to notice.

Anonymous said...

Nature's artwork at its finest. :) Beautiful.

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

lovely photos Cindee. I love the boston ivy one in particular.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindee~~ I love these photos especially because they require that closer look. The kind that forces you to slow your pace to a meander. All garden strolling should fare so well.

Victoria said...

What a gorgeous post.. and a beautiful blog!I love your tapestries..thankyou for sharing such enchantment and beauty of nature!
Kiki~

Anonymous said...

Absolutely, stunningly beautiful

Annie said...

Very nice photos Cindee....I especially like the violas with the hens and chicks!

Annie

PS My hair is still coming in darker than it used to be! I saw your comment on my blog the other day....

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Such a lovely blog! I know I shall return here often.

Thanks so very much for your kind words about my story for the competition. Your encouragement means a lot.